Microsoft released Windows 10 Insider Preview build 14383 for both PC and mobile to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. Microsoft has started to check in final code in preparation of Anniversary update release. That’s why apart from improvements and fixes, the desktop watermark is gone. But this is not the final build yet, many more preview builds before August 2nd will be released to Insiders.
Improvements and fixes in Windows 10 build 14383 for PC:
- “Get extensions from the Store” in Microsoft Edge now takes you directly to the Store to download Extensions.
- Keyboard shortcut for invoking Cortana in listening mode changed to Win + Shift + C
- Starting from this build, Quick Action area updates in Action Center will be preserved across upgrades.
- Issue of Surface Book when disconnected from external monitor, showing in portrait rather than landscape is fixed.
- Settings app showing media controls in taskbar preview window is fixed.
- Dragging file comparison or manage library dialogs between 2 monitors with different DPIs resulting in dialog content not showing properly is fixed.
- Improved visibility of checkmark to show selected state in some app bar toggle buttons in high contrast.
- Improved the issue of connecting to a PC using Remote Desktop when a maximized window is immediately behind the Remote Desktop Dialog.
- Issue of Explorer.exe hanging after a tooltip display on some monitors is fixed.
- Some Bluetooth mice like Microsoft Arc Touch mouse accelerating erratically is fixed.
- Narrator not announcing hyperlinks as hyperlinks when going through webpages in Microsoft Edge is fixed.
- Some webpages causing memory leaks in Microsoft Edge when LastPass extension was enabled is fixed.
Improvement and Fixes in build 14383 for Mobile:
- Battery performance improved for those who wants to quickly turn the screen On and Off for having a look at Lock Screen.
- Issue of map jumping to unexpected location when its zoomed in and out in Microsoft Edge is fixed.
- Issue of Volume mute not working in devices like Lumia 640, when playing YouTube videos with OPUS codec is fixed.
- “End Call” on car’s console not working when connected to a car via Bluetooth is fixed.
- On an Orange SIM, issue of not able to make Store purchases using mobile operator billing is fixed.
- Groove unexpectedly pausing music is fixed.
- Keyboard sometimes outputting @ and € instead of “a” and “e” for certain languages in Windows Phone 8.1 apps is fixed.
- Many Windows Phone 8.1 games playing in slow motion on devices like Lumia 535 is fixed.
- Screen turning on in pockets as proximity sensor failing when notification received is fixed.
- Visual Voicemail not appearing after hard reset is fixed.
- Tiles pinned from within the app being blank and not showing the app name within the tile is fixed.
- SIM2 tile missing from pinned Messaging and Phones tiles is fixed.
- Issue of incorrect Start screen scaling after switching from Continuum to Mirrored screen on devices with a non-default DPI is fixed.
- Delay in showing the missed call count on the Phone app Live tile is fixed.
Known issues in build 14383 for PC:
- Users might see a notification pop-up saying that your Windows evaluation copy expires on 7/15/2016. This is a superfluous dialog and the OS won’t expire. It has to ignored.
- A fix for Hyper-V firmware may affect the ability to boot Windows Server 2016 Tech Preview 5 VMs with Secure boot enabled. Soon a fix will be available, till then disable Secure boot as a workaround.
Known issue in build 14383 for mobile:
- Call recording option Voice recorder may not consistently show.
- PDFs opened in Microsoft Edge may not interact to touch.
Apart from this new build announcement, Dona Sarkar also announced the winner of the Continuum app contest.