Microsoft today released Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14905 for PC and Mobile to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. This is the first Mobile build after launching Windows 10 Anniversary Update for Windows 10 Phones.
Improvements and bug fixes in build 14905 for PC:
- Issue in Microsoft Edge where a large blank space appeared between address bar and web content when the address bar is moved back to the top when opening a new tab is fixed.
- Table navigation in Narrator scan mode now supports CTRL + ALT + HOME to go to beginning of table and CTRL + ALT + END to go to end of table.
- Microsoft Edge now supports CTRL + O keyboard shortcut for setting focus in the address bar.
- Crashing of Sketchpad and Screen Sketch after trying to change ink color twice in a row with visible ruler is fixed.
Improvements and bug fixes in build 14905 for Mobile:
- Missed call notifications are more actionable with inline options to call back, text or remind.
- Issue of videos played in Windows Phone 8 apps not pausing when an incoming call was received is fixed.
- Issue where, if “Show my caller ID” is set to “My Contacts” then the Contact being called might still see a blocked caller ID is fixed.
- Issue of Lock screen failing to update to new Time after a time zone change is fixed.
- Issue of Music not resuming after call is finished when turn-by-turn directions being read out from Maps app is fixed.
Known issues in Build 14905 for PC:
- Support for kernel debugging over 1394 has been removed.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader crashes on launch.
- Cortana’s text to speech capabilities not working.
- On clicking the Power button on Start menu, it closes the Start menu without opening the flyout with restart/shutdown options.
- Apps such as Yahoo Mail, Trivia Crack, Google and the Skype Translator Preview app will crash.
- Settings app may crash on some editions of Windows 10 when navigating to different settings page due to missing .dll file.
Known issues in Build 14905 for Mobile:
- Apps will get stuck in pending state if the apps are moved between SD card and internal storage (either direction). Workaround is to uninstall and reinstall the app.
- Cortana’s text to speech capabilities is not working in this build
What’s new in build 14905 for Mobile:
- A newly refined sound set uniting the best of past and present is being introduced in this build. One can go to Settings > Personalization > Sounds to see the updated list of available sounds.
Apart from the new build announcement, Dona Sarkar also mentioned about the Windows Insiders T-shirt design competition winner. This T-shirt with the winning design will soon be made available on the eCompany Store.