It looks like Kaspersky users who upgraded to Windows 10 v1703 may face some feature limitations in their security product. Users of Kaspersky Internet Security, Kaspersky Antivirus, and Kaspersky Endpoint Security may have seen this message after upgrading their computers to Windows 10 Creators Upgrade v1703.
Windows 10 adaptation completed successfully. There may be some feature limitations when running on Windows 10.
I experienced this on one of my laptops and this is what the message looks like.
Kaspersky working with feature limitations on Windows 10Creatirs Update
Kaspersky is aware of this issue and they have put up a help article to explain the issue.
At first startup after the upgrade, Kaspersky Internet Security 2017 will run the adaptation process. During this process, protection will be paused: only File Anti-Virus and Self-Defense of files and registry will be functioning. The interface will be temporarily unavailable.
After the process has been completed, protection will resume, but the following component may work with limitations if the drivers do not support Windows 10. It is important to note that Ransomware protection will be limited in nature.
- System Watcher.
- Self-Defense of the product processes at startup.
- Detection and disinfection of malware in the system memory.
- Protection against ransomware.
- In the Safe Money component, protection will not work for information in the clipboard, protection against screenshots will be disabled, and the Protected Browser process will not be protected against external attacks.
- In the Application Control component, custom rules may not be applied to applications, categorization of tile applications in Windows, protection of Microsoft Edge.
- Trusted Applications mode will work with limitations related to compatibility with Program Data Updater.
- Protection against the attacks of the type Time-of-Check Time-of-Use (TOCTOU).
- Microsoft Edge does not support the On-Screen Keyboard and the Kaspersky Protection extension in Kaspersky Lab products.
Similar help articles for Endpoint & AntiVirus too have been posted on the Kaspersky website.