The year 2013 holds importance for Microsoft with respect to its Developer community and keeping that in mind, it has announced the Microsoft University Gaming Ambassador program.
The program revolves around student developers who are presently engaged in a gaming course and are well-versed with one of the following technologies: XNA, C++, C#, DirectX Unity and HTML5. This is a great opportunity for students who aim to make it big in the Games Development field for it also allows the selected ambassadors to not just unleash their creativity and development skills but also be an essential part of the Microsoft Developer community by actively organizing local development events, competitions etc.
Apart from getting a brand new Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 device, selected ambassadors will be rewarded with regular incentives plus a chance to gain valuable experience by working with the biggest technology brands in the gaming world. Ambassadors are required to contribute at least twelve hours every month and must be above the age of 18, studying at a UK University.
As part of their role as an Ambassador, they will receive the following:
- Amazing Microsoft Kit and access to developer tools
- Online sessions and calls with the UK Windows 8 and Windows Phone Gaming Team
- Technical education sessions organised on-line
- The ability to showcase your skills to a wider audience though Microsoft promoting your games and developer skills to the wider student, developer and indie community
- Increased visibility in your university (dependant on you driving this with your faculty contact)
There are 20 Ambassador places available and interested students from UK can now apply for the Microsoft University Gaming Ambassador program here. Applications are open till 4th January, 2013 (5pm GMT).
All the best!