Windows Server 2012 R2 Preview is now available for download from the TechNet Evaluation Center. To start the download, you will be required to first register. Once you have done this, you will be able to download the full-featured Preview, which will expire on January 15, 2014. You will also receive a mail which will guide you on related issues.
Windows Server 2012 R2 provides a wide range of new and enhanced features and capabilities spanning server virtualization, storage, software-defined networking, server management and automation, web and application platform, access and information protection, virtual desktop infrastructure, and more.
Windows Server 2012 R2 Preview serial
It supports two types of activation:
- Datacenter Product Key: JGXYY-7NMTC-MHKY3-QCC9B-VQRG7
- Automatic Virtual Machine Activation (AVMA) Key for Datacenter Server: XVNRV-9HTX4-TH2JD-HVJQD-QRQWG
The following editions are available:
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter Preview ISO
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter Preview VHD (Server Core)
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter Preview VHD (Server with a GUI)
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter Preview on Windows Azure
System Requirements for Windows Server 2012 R2
- Processor minimum: 1.4 GHz 64-bit processor
- RAM minimum: 512 MB
- Minimum disk space requirement 32 GB
- Gigabit (10/100/1000baseT) Ethernet adapter
- DVD drive (if you intend to install the operating system from DVD media).
The following items are not strictly required, but are necessary for certain features:
- Super VGA (1024 x 768) or higher-resolution monitor
- Keyboard and Microsoft mouse
- Internet access.
If you are running x64-based operating systems ensure that you have updated and digitally signed kernel-mode drivers for Windows Server 2012 R2.
Download from TechNet.