After a long wait, Twitter has finally released its official app for Windows 8 today. This was announced on Windows Blog as well as the Twitter blog. There were already some Windows 8 Twitter Client apps like Tweetro, MetroTwit, etc available, but this is the official ! The design, user interface will be familiar to you if you are already using Twitter app on a mobile or its web interface on Twitter.com. It features Home, Connect, Discover, and Me tabs. But this app takes advantage of Windows 8 in different ways.
Twitter for Windows 8
- Snap view lets you snap the twitter app along with the other . Just snap the app and keep up with the conversations that are happening on Twitter while you browse or watch a streaming video.
- It has a Live tile to show you who has replied to you on twitter right on your Start Screen. Also shows notifications for replies and direct messages on Lock Screen.
- Tweet from any app using Share Charm.
Simply swipe from the right edge of Windows 8 and then choose the Share charm to share content from any app, such as a photo or news article, to Twitter.
- Similar to the Share charm, the Search charm makes it easy to find an account or see Tweets using a certain hashtag.
- With an all-new landscape view, not only can you view a larger version of individual photos, but you can also swipe horizontally to view multiple photos in the Discover tab or a user’s profile.
Twitter for Windows 8 is available now in the Windows Store in 22 languages* (*English, Danish, German, Spanish, Finnish, French, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Dutch, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Chinese (PRC), Chinese (Taiwan) )
Also check this pic tweeted from the Twitter Windows 8 launchroom using windows 8 RT tablet by Michael Ducker of Mobile Product at Twitter .
The app offers basic functionality. It does not include a spell check, nor does it include List support either. You can check out this video: Twitter for Windows 8.