Extensions benefit users by allowing them to add more features and functionality to the app that make their life more convenient. Keeping view of this, BUILD conference held this year announced the cross-platform email and productivity solution Boomerang will be a launch partner for Microsoft’s new unified Outlook.com.
Boomerang Microsoft Partnership
Outlook.com, arriving summer 2015, will include Boomerang’s popular calendar and email management features. The service’s applications already have an incredibly rich feature set, including:
- Built-in ability to refresh a user’s calendar automatically, even after an email is sent to a recipient
- Send an email at a later date and time, ranging from a few hours to months later
- Suggest multiple meeting times through click-and-drag features without navigating to a separate calendar view
- Modify/alter suggested meeting times by duration and location via an email message
- One-click confirmation to schedule meetings inside of email messages.
We are thrilled to announce that Uber, Boomerang and PayPal are among the first partners to bring add-ins to our 400 million active Outlook.com users. The Outlook APIs create an open platform for developers to build contextual experiences for Outlook.com and Office 365 users that simplify everyday tasks, helping them get more done without the hassle of switching between multiple applications,” writes Pretish Abraham, Outlook principal program manager lead, in a blog post.
With the new capabilities added Boomerang.com will be able to send timed messages, add a smart calendar assistant that lets you schedule meetings, receive reminders concerning emails that haven’t gotten a reply, and share your real-time availability so that recipients always have an updated view of meeting times.