Microsoft released Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14390 for both PC and Mobile to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. And it’s almost getting down to the wire for the Anniversary Update release. As expected not much of the new features but some improvements and fixes. Still, some known issues being addressed by Microsoft.
Amazon’s extension for Microsoft Edge:
Microsoft Edge gets a new extension which many were waiting for. It’s the Amazon’s official Amazon Assistant browser extension. It helps in making better decisions while shopping online by providing Deal of the Day, Product Comparison, Wish List and more.
Improvements and fixes in build 14390 for PC:
- Issue of getting error code 0x80004005, when the Developer mode is enabled on the “For Developers” Settings page for non-EN-US language is fixed.
Known issues in Build 14390 for PC and Mobile:
- Issue of fix for the Hyper-V firmware affecting Windows Server 2016 Tech Preview 5 VMs ability to boot has been developed. But due to release schedule, the Insider Preview build changes will be released before the TP5 fix is released. So workaround during that time is to disable Secure boot.
- A reminder about change in Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview builds back up format to reduce the size of the backup stored in OneDrive.
- Wallet users prompted twice for the PIN when using tap to pay from a locked device.
- Voice recorder not showing consistently, an update will soon be released to fix this issue.
Microsoft team is fully getting ready as it nears the finishing line of Anniversary Update. Dona Sarkar also mentioned about how much people are talking about the Windows Insider program as she attended the Worldwide Partner Conference in Toronto. So it’s nice to see people being part of Windows ecosystem and are excited about how the Insiders are part of it.