Google has launched a new social initiative under the “Chrome for a Cause” umbrella. Every tab you open on Chrome browser, this December 15 through 19, will serve a good cause.
You can “donate” the tabs you open in Chrome to a good cause of your choice.
- Install the Chrome for a Cause extension to participate.
- Each tab you open will raise money for charity.
- Contribute your tabs
- At the end of each day, choose one of five charities to support
Everyone’s total tabs will determine a charitable donation made on behalf of the Chrome community, up to one million dollars.
Here’s what your tabs can do:
- 10 tabs = 1 tree planted
- 10 tabs = 1 book published and donated
- 25 tabs = 1 vaccination treatment provided
- 100 tabs = 1 square foot of shelter built
- 200 tabs = 1 person’s clean water for a year
If you want to participate, you have to install the Chrome for Cause extension in your Chrome browser here.