Intel has released a new Wi-Fi driver update version 21.120.0 for Windows 10 computers. This update purportedly fixes BSOD problems caused by previous Intel wireless drivers. Prior to this update, Windows 10 users would experience BSOD issues when playing online video and turning on Windows 10 mobile hotspots, courtesy of the Intel Wireless driver.
Download Intel Wi-Fi driver update for Windows 10
Well, the Intel Wi-Fi driver package version 21.120.0 fixes the number of BSOD issues in Windows 10, as follows:
- Fixed: Windows 10 BSOD errors caused by the Intel Wireless driver.
- Fixed: Windows 10 BSOD errors occur when playing online video and turning on Windows 10 mobile hotspot.
- Fixed: Windows 10 BSOD errors occur when rebooting the system.
- Fixed: Windows 10 computers fail to automatically reconnect to the Access Point after returning into the RF range.
- Fixed: Wake on Wireless LAN fails on a system with wireless AMT (Intel Active Management Technology).
- Fixed: Random network disconnection occurs and requires reconnecting manually.
- Fixed: Data transfer performance slowdown when Windows 10 PC to cellphone connection shifts from Wi-Fi Direct to 2.4 GHz Access
- Fixed: Windows 10 BSOD errors occur when resuming from Sleep mode on systems with Modern Standby.
- Fixed: Windows 10 BSOD errors occur on systems with Modern Standby.
- Fixed: Performance slowdown after resuming from Sleep mode on Windows 10 systems with Modern Standby.
- Fixed: Network disconnection occurs after when Windows 10 is in idle state.
- Fixed: Network disconnection occurs when streaming online videos at 2.4 GHz.
- Fixed: Wireless connection problems occur with Cisco AnyConnect software.
- Fixed: Intel Wireless adapters fail to connect to access points with TKIP encryption.
The package version 21.120.0 also includes functional and security updates. You may download the updates directy or use Intel Driver & Support Assistant.
How to download and install Intel’s updated Wi-Fi drivers
The package version 21.120.0 installs Windows 10 Wi-Fi drivers for the following Intel Wireless Adapters:
- 18.104.22.168 for AX201/AX200/9560/9260/9462/9461 (Only available in 64-bit version)
- 22.214.171.124 for 8265/8260 (Only available in 64-bit version)
- 126.96.36.199 for 7265(Rev. D)/3165/3168
Available for 32-bit and 64-bit Windows 10 computers, select and download one of the following packages:
- WiFi_21.120.0_Driver64_Win10.exe for 64-bit of Windows 10
- WiFi_21.120.0_Driver32_Win10.exe for 32-bit of Windows 10
Read: How to tell if Computer is running 32-Bit or 64-Bit Windows 10