Kodi update v18.7 codenamed “Leia” is now available to download for Windows, Linux, macOS, Android, Raspberry Pi, iOS, and more as part of the company’s release cycle adopting a RERO (release early, release often) approach. Previously called Xbox Media Center (XBMC), an open-source media player software application was originally used for the Microsoft Xbox platform.
Kodi version v18.7 update released
The latest Kodi version 18.7 update, however, doesn’t bring new features. In fact, the most recent update is all about fixing a series of issues and bugs in the service. In its recent blog post, Kodi wrote:
“Our aim is to fix problems more quickly, and then get those fixes out into the wild equally as quickly. This might mean some issues escape alongside the bug fixes, but, overall, it should mean better software, sooner, and without the disruption of a major version bump.”
The latest Kodi update fixes issues with regards to audio, playback/display, interface/look-and-feel, music, build system, PVR, network, addons, subtitles, and profiles, etc.
Currently, Kodi is facing longer than usual review times before the final publication of release updates, further delaying the rollout.
Following are some of the major updates:
- Fix to not reset user-set volume (Android)
- Fixes around multi-channel audio track support Playback/Display
- Fixes to Bluray subtitle language recognition
- Fix playback of bus-encrypted bluray discs
- Fix for watch icons not showing when content type is not set (Estouchy)
- Fix navigation in skinsettings (Estuary)
- Fixed behavior when accessing locked media sources
- Ensure album artist isn’t blanked out when scraping
- Fixes around addon settings folder naming
- Fixes for issues related to switching profile
For the complete changelog, check out the official blog post.
Developed and published by XBMC Foundation, Kodi users can stream music and videos on all the supported platforms. The app allows users to stream content via the home network or location. This way, Kodi allows users to turn any supported device such as a smartphone or a computer into a streaming set-top-box.
Meanwhile, let’s take a look at some of the best Kodi addons for Windows 10.
- Tags: Misc