Announcing a sale day on April 1 may not be a great idea at all as consumers may tend to treat it as an April Fool’s joke, but this isn’t stopping the folks at Redmond from doing so. Microsoft today announced a one-day Xbox Live sale to be held on April 1, 2013.
Larry Hryb aka Major Nelson from Microsoft revealed the nine Xbox game titles that will be on sale throughout the day at decreased price points:
- Assassin’s Creed III Season Pass: 1600 MS Points (originally 2,400 MS Points)
- Battlefield 3 Aftermath DLC: 600 MS Points (originally 1,200 MS Points)
- Fallout 3: Point Lookout DLC: 200 MS Points (originally 800 MS Points)
- Fallout 3: Mothership Zeta: 200 MS Points (originally 800 MS Points)
- Fallout 3: Broken Steel DLC: 200 MS Points (originally 800 MS Points)
- Fallout 3: The Pitt DLC: 200 MS Points (originally 800 MS Points)
- Fallout 3: Operation Anchorage DLC: 200 MS Points (originally 800 MS Points)
- Dishonored – Dunwall City Trials DLC: 160 MS Points (originally 400 MS Points)
- The Amazing Spider-Man Games on Demand: $19.99 (originally $49.99)
Microsoft seems to be hurriedly organizing sales on Xbox Live for the current titles before the new Xbox console is launched in a bid to maximize profits. The new Xbox console, rumored to be known as Xbox 720, will be supposedly revealed at E3 2013 (Electronic Entertainment Expo), to be held at the Los Angeles Convention Center from June 11-13, 2013.
With respect to the next gaming console, Microsoft finds itself in a tight spot with Sony, who also plans to reveal Play Station 4, its upcoming gaming console during the E3 Expo 2013. With the shields been drawn, ammo loaded and plans worked out, let’s see who wins this round.