This Monday, Microsoft and DocuSign entered into a long term partnership that will allow Office 365 users to use DocuSign’s eSignature apps without leaving Microsoft applications. With this integration Office 365 users would be able to submit and digitally sign documents without signing separately into DocuSign. The new solution will be available in the Office Store early next month and will include integration within Outlook, Word, SharePoint Online and SharePoint Server 2013.
Speaking on the partnership, John Case, vice president of Marketing, Microsoft Office, said,
“Leading partners like DocuSign are building apps on the Office platform to help our customers get more value directly from their most highly used applications.This partnership with DocuSign helps our customers keep transactions digital and manage eSignatures seamlessly from within Office 365, where they already communicate, collaborate and create.”
What’s new for the customers?
- Easy administration and use : Office 365 and SharePoint administrators will be able to add DocuSign Apps for all users directly from their administration consoles.
- Single sign-on : DocuSign has adopted Windows Azure Active Directory to provide single sign-on capabilities with Office 365 credentials, providing a seamless path to manage accounts.
- Secured storage: DocuSigned documents are automatically stored in Microsoft OneDrive for Business for full control.
- Office Store availability : Individuals can use self-service to access the apps and Word templates directly from the Office Store.
- Continued innovation : DocuSign and Microsoft will continue to collaborate to bring new innovations to customers on the Office 365 platform.
“We’re excited about the momentum behind Office 365 and customers making the transition from their traditional Office applications to all-new scenarios enabled by cloud services,” said Keith Krach, chairman and CEO, DocuSign”.
Looking at this partnership, the integration of DocuSign does make Office a more attractive entity for the companies that rely heavily on eSignature apps. Also for Microsoft it is a good addition to the string of improvements that Microsoft has been bringing in to Office 365 lately.
DocuSign app for Windows 8.1
You can download the DocuSign app for Windows 8.1 here. With DocuSign for Windows, you can electronically sign, send and store documents from anywhere at anytime. DocuSign is safe, secure and legally binding.