The next version of Microsoft Flight Simulator is set to launch next month, Xbox Game Studios and Asobo Studio have confirmed. Microsoft Flight Simulator will be available for Windows 10 PCs. While the game is already up for pre-order on Windows 10, users with Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta) can already pre-install it. Microsoft Flight Simulator for Windows 10 PC will arrive on August 18. It was announced at E3 2019.
Microsoft Flight Simulator for Windows 10
In his recent blog post, Jorg Neumann, Head of Microsoft Flight Simulator wrote:
“We have been thrilled and humbled by the support and dedication that has fueled the Flight Sim community for the past 38 years. Since the launch of the very first Microsoft Flight Simulator in 1982, we knew it was finally the right time to develop the next-generation version of Microsoft Flight Simulator.”
Microsoft further claims it has the right set of tools, technology, partners, and hardware to come up with what it describes as “the most realistic and authentic flight simulator to date.”
Key features of Microsoft Flight Simulator
- Some of the major features of Microsoft Flight Simulator includes:
- It includes over 37 thousand airports, 1.5 billion buildings, 2 trillion trees, among other things.
- It includes live traffic, real-time weather, and animals.
- Highly detailed aircraft alongside accurate and realistic instrumentation.
- It brings a new checklist system for pilots.
- Dynamic Weather enables users to experience real-time weather including accurate wind speed and direction, temperature, humidity, rain, among other things.
- New Day & Night Engine allows users to experience night VFR, visual flight rules, etc.
Microsoft has also revealed a long list of enhanced airports and compatible airplanes.
“Your fleet of planes and detailed airports from whatever edition you choose are all available on launch day as well as access to the ongoing content updates that will continually evolve and expand the flight simulation platform,” Neumann added.
Microsoft Flight Simulator will be available to purchase in three editions: Standard Edition, Deluxe Edition, and Premium Deluxe Edition. While the Standard Edition costs $59.99, the Deluxe and Premium Deluxe Editions cost $89.99 and $119.99, respectively.
The Standard Edition consists of 20 planes and 30 hand-crafted airports. It will be available on day one with Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta). The Deluxe Edition has five additional planes and International airports. Meanwhile, the Premium Deluxe Edition comprises 10 additional planes and International airports.
Meanwhile, check out the list of best air warfare games for Windows 10 on Microsoft Store!
- Tags: Games