A new web portal NoMoreRansom.org will now help you removing the ransomware without paying off your hard earned money to the attackers. EUROPOL, Kaspersky, Intel, Netherland Police have come together to form a No More Ransom initiative. NoMoreRansom.org will help ransomware victims retrieve their encrypted data without paying the ransom money.
No More Ransom!
No More Ransom is an informative web portal designed by the private IT security sector and law enforcement together to fight the malicious ransomware. The website informs PC users about the dangers of Ransomware and how to disrupt the cybercriminal business. It also educates the users about how to avoid the ransomware attacks on their PC and what security measure can be taken to prevent the trouble.
The website informs PC users about the dangers of ransomware and how to disrupt the cybercriminal business. It also educates the users about how to avoid the ransomware attacks on their PC and what security measure can be taken to prevent the trouble.
The website is divided into the following sections:
- Crypto Sherrif: This section offers a tool which will define the type of ransomware affecting your device or not. You just need to fill a simple form and upload a file from your PC, and the tool will give you the proper details about the ransomware and the decryption solution.
- Ransomware Q&A: This section of the portal includes the frequently asked questions about ransomware attacks, solutions, types of ransomware and more.
- Prevention Advice: Awareness is the key, and thus the portal includes a section which explains the details of ransomware attacks and how to prevent it. There is detailed information about how Kaspersky Labs and Intel Security can help you preventing the attacks.
- Decryption Tools: This section contains various ransomware decryptor tools like CoinVault, RannohDecryptor, RakhniDecryptor, and ShadeDecryptor. You have to remember to read the how-to guide.
- Report a crime: This section lets you report your attack directly to the law enforcement agencies. If by any chance you are a victim of ransomware, it is highly recommended to submit a report here and not to pay any ransom. Your report will help the agency to catch the criminals asap and prevent further attacks. There are direct site links of the Law enforcement forces of Europe, Netherland Police and the USA.
Make sure you remove the malware from your system first. Otherwise, it will repeatedly lock your system or encrypt files, advises NoMoreRansom.org.
Hat tip: Ghacks.net.
Should your computer be affected by Ransomware, do read – What to do after a Ransomware attack.
- Tags: Ransomware