The most awaited arrival of Skype for business is finally happening. Microsoft has made an official announcement that Skype for Business will be rolling out this April for Office 2013. Not only that, Skype for Business Online is also all set to roll out at the end of May for Office 365. Skype has recently announced the technical preview of the Skype for Business client and now the complete application will be available across the globe.
Skype for Business
Skype for Business is based on the Skype software that most of us are familiar with. Of course, through the regular Skype, you connect with friends and family; while with Skype for Business, you can connect with your colleagues and clients, both inside and outside of your organization. The app consists of presence, IM, voice and video calls, and online meetings.
If you currently use Lync Online in Office 365, the new Skype for Business user experience will appear for you in the coming weeks. For customers that need a little more time to prepare for Skype for Business, we have provided the ability for administrators to switch between Skype for Business and the traditional Lync user interface, says the blog post.
As the name suggest, it is Skype meant for business. That’s why it has all the features that are needed in the business and corporate world. Some of the features are as follows:
- You can get audio calls, video calls, messaging, online meetings, and sharing everything in one app; everything that we need for meetings and corporate communication.
- You can connect with up to 250 people at the same time with Skype for Business app. For this connection, they don’t even need Skype for Business. All they need is a phone or Internet connection.
- With this app, you can see contacts’ online statuses, schedule meetings, and start conversations from Office apps.
- Conversations are protected by authentication and encryption. Hence you can go ahead and have you business related discussions without worrying about security breach.
- You can manage employee accounts; thus giving you a complete control over who all you want on Skype from your employees.
So the next time, if you are conducting a meeting with your team, you don’t have to worry if they are not physically available at your location. You can connect them together though Skype for Business.