With a blog post earlier this week, Sling TV officially announced that the on-demand Internet streaming service will be available on Windows 10 PCs and tablets with immediate effect.
Sling TV for Windows 10
Starting at around $20 a month, Sling TV offers a wide variety of content – Live Sports, Kids shows, News and Movies – to choose from but is currently available only in the US. Basically, Sling is an app for people who have gotten rid of their cable TV to move to next-gen entertainment.
Sling TV customers can also customize their service by adding á la carte-like “Extras,” genre-based channel packages including Sports, Kids, Lifestyle, Comedy, Hollywood and more, starting $5 per month.
According to the blog post, Windows 10 users will get added functionality in the form of these features.
- Live Tiles – You can easily see content updates from your selected “Favorites” and the “Continue Watching” ribbon when you pin Sling TV to your start menu.
- Cortana Voice Integration – Quickly search for specific shows or channels by voice, using Cortana, Microsoft’s personal digital assistant.
- Vertical Menu – It offers a vertical main menu.
- Responsive User Interface – Sling TV on Windows 10 was built using Microsoft’s Universal Windows Platform (UWP), so that your screen easily adapts to different sizes as you’re viewing content.
- Touch Compatibility – Sling TV works on both touch and non-touch Windows 10 devices.
Current Sling TV customers can download the Sling TV app directly from the Windows Store, and new customers can sign up for a Sling TV account within the app when they download the Sling TV app for free on a Windows 10 PC or tablet.
Apart from this announcement, Sling TV management has also announced that Windows 10 Mobile would also be covered soon enough, along with the current compatibility on PCs and tablets. An upgrade to the Xbox One version is also coming.