Microsoft has released Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14371 for PC to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. Apart from many improvements and fixes, Microsoft is introducing Activation Troubleshooter starting from this build.
Many Windows Insiders had provided feedback about activation issues on Genuine Windows devices when they made changes to their device hardware such as replacing hard disk or motherboard. Based on this feedback, Microsoft is introducing this new feature of Activation Troubleshooter starting with this build.
Activation Troubleshooter will help you address most commonly encountered activation issues on Genuine Windows devices including those caused by hardware changes. For example – if your device has a digital license (formerly called “digital entitlement”) for Windows 10 Pro from a previously installed activated Windows 10 build but you accidentally re-installed Windows 10 Home on such a device, the troubleshooter will automatically guide you through upgrading to Windows 10 Pro and activate Windows.
This can be launched from: Settings > Update & Security > Activation & select Troubleshoot
Microsoft is also introducing ability to link your Microsoft Account (MSA) to the activation digital license If you already used an MSA to log in to your activated Windows 10 Home or Pro device, your MSA will be automatically linked. You can use this MSA linked digital license to re-activate your Genuine Windows 10 devices by running the Activation Troubleshooter, if you face Activation issue caused by hardware changes.
Improvements and fixes in Windows 10 build 14371:
- Issue of Narrator not launching when the switch is toggled to ‘on’ via Settings app is fixed.
- Issue of Narrator speaking at unexpected accelerated rate is fixed.
- Improved File download experience in Microsoft Edge.
- 3D display setting state will now on wards will be preserved across builds
- Issue of MPEG-2 videos showing wrong duration in Movies & TV app is fixed.
- Scan options in Windows Defender getting clipped when high DPI was increased.
- Issue of OneNote Web Clipper extension for Microsoft Edge is fixed.
- Action Center icon getting clipped by “Show Desktop” icon at 225% DPI
- Sound and Network icons for non-standard DPI setting improved.
- Small animation added to Action Center when notifications are deleted by the platform. Reliability of Action Center also improved.
- Issue of Clock and Calendar flyout showing very old appointment when looking for today’s events is fixed.
- Certain keys in the Calculator app stop working when switched between OCT and HEX mode is fixed
- VPN settings page freezing after pressing connect is fixed.
- VPN automatically connecting over metered network despite “Allow VPN over metered connection” is Off is fixed.
- Icon for Settings missing from the Background apps and Data usage settings page s is fixed.
- Content in the Windows Insider Program Settings Page truncated is fixed.
- Issue of File Explorer showing two copies of any picture or screenshot on a phone when connected to PC despite only one file existed on phone is fixed.
- Issue of seeing duplicate “The VPN connection needs your sign-in info” notifications saved in Action Center is fixed.
- Some PDFs failing to print is fixed.
- Focus box was sometimes visible when launching Start menu, resulting in Search not working is fixed.
Known issues in Build 14371:
- In Network flyout on taskbar, clicking on networks or VPN doesn’t launch network settings page.
For more details, please check Source.