Microsoft has released Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14352 for PC to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring.
Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14352
- Cortana improved:
- Cortana as DJ: Apart from playing songs from local files and OneDrive, Cortana can now play any song from the entire Groove Music Catalog. Here are some examples one can try:
- “Hey Cortana, play <song name>”
- “Hey Cortana, play <artist>”
- “Hey Cortana, play my <Groove playlist name>”
- “Hey Cortana, pause”
This works with Cortana on Lock screen too. At present the Groove Catalog support is for US English only.
- Cortana can set Timer: Now you can set a timer, query how long is left and cancel. On PC it works when logged in or above the Lock Screen. In phone, one can use speech or text. Some examples are:
- “Hey Cortana, set a timer for 10 minutes”
- “Hey Cortana, how much time is left?”
- “Hey Cortana, cancel my timer”
- Windows Ink improved: Lots of improvements have been made to Windows Ink.
- Sticky Notes updated: One can create Cortana reminders from notes. Also one can ink or type a phone number and it readies itself for calling, write an email address and launch directly to email, write a URL and it launches into Edge right from the Note.
- Compass on the ruler: Windows Ink ruler has been updated to include a compass.
- Apart from these, there are many general improvements made for performance and reliability.
- Windows game bar improved with full-screen support
- Feedback Hub will display Microsoft response: One will see short status tags on feedback to show what Microsoft is doing about it. This change will replace “Received” tag.
- File Explorer icon updated: Based on Insiders feedback the File Explorer icon has been updated Enterprise Edition deployment is made easier: Prior to Windows 10, the upgrade from the Pro to Enterprise edition required a complete wipe and reinstallation of the OS. In Windows 10, a bit-less edition upgrade was enabled. That is one can upgrade just by changing the product key, but this required a reboot. Starting with this build even this reboot is not required when upgrading from Pro to Enterprise.
- New security setting: A new Security Setting ‘Limited Periodic Scanning’ is now added which can be turned on if you use an Antivirus other than Windows Defender. This will provide an additional line of defense in scanning.
What’s fixed in the Build 14352:
- Feedback Hub is localized now. One has to relaunch it to show it in that language.
- Rendering issues with Intel HD Graphics 3000 and 2000 GPUs is fixed
- Issue of pinned tabs of Microsoft Edge getting lost after updating to new build is fixed.
- Surface Books showing Bluescreen when using Hello is fixed.
- Brightness Quick Action missing issue is fixed
- Reliability improved for precision touchpads.
- Issue of maximized UWP apps slightly overlapping if taskbar positioned on top is fixed.
- Action Center issue of not showing the hover state when moving the mouse over expanded notification is fixed.
- Missing icons in Action Center is fixed.
- Restart Required continues to show in Action Center after restart is fixed.
- Issue of using ESC to exit full screen video with Edge maximized becoming unmaximised is fixed.
- Playing mp4s from network share in Movies & TV app sometimes showing “MF_E_UNSUPPORTED_BYTESTREAM_TYPE” error is fixed.
- Volume mixer slider for system sounds getting reset to 100% after receiving a notification or altering master volume is fixed.
- Settings app updated to set the shortcut CTRL+E focus to Settings search box
- Issue of theme settings not roaming correctly is fixed.
- All apps list for some languages showing blank list is fixed.
- Action Center icon updated to now hide unread notification count when taskbar using small icons.
- Issue of Command Prompt not keeping the current line in view after resizing the window is fixed.
- UAC dialog sometimes appearing behind other windows instead of forefront is fixed.
- Lock Screen sometimes not showing the Caps lock warning is fixed.
Known issue in Build 14352:
- Previous installed extensions for Microsoft Edge may not work for nearly 15 minutes after the first sign-in. Workaround is to manually re-install each extension.
- Cortana features mentioned above may not work in some cases. Restating the PC should fix the issue.
- Keyboard navigation in some Store apps like Netflix or Tweetium will not work.
Announcing this new Preview build, Gabe Aul thanked all the Insiders and requested to keep sending the feedback.