Microsoft has released Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14361 for both PC and Mobile to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring!
What’s new in Windows 10 Build 14361:
- New extension for Microsoft Edge: Free password management extension LastPass is now available for download at the extensions page at Microsoft Edge Dev website.
- Hyper-V Container: You can now use Docker natively on Windows 10 with Hyper-V Containers, to build, ship and run containers utilizing the Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 5 Nano Server container OS image.
- Windows Ink improved: Many improvements have been included in this build
- Windows Ink ruler is long enough now to span diagonally across Surface Book display.
- Windows Ink pencil tool issue fixed.
- Touch inking icon in workspace updated.
- Performance of loading Sketchpad thumbnail in workspace improved.
- Clear All option is made more visible in Sketch Pad as the trash can icon in menu bar.
- Settings improved: Some improvements in the Settings app made as the navigation pane is now white in light mode or black in dark mode and now it also has a small block of color showing the accent color of your profile to show what Settings page you are on. Also Settings got polished improvements such as page name text is slightly increased.
- Icons updated: Some icons got updated such as for Blu-ray to match with other drive icons. Network Quick Action icon too is updated.
Improvements and fixes for PC:
- Issue of keyboard navigation in Store apps like Netflix or Tweetium not working is fixed.
- Issue of sites like YouTube failing to render in Microsoft Edge or IE due to TCP Fast Open feature is fixed.
- Issue of a strange grey bar seen on Microsoft Edge browser window on left side is fixed.
- Active Hours window when using a PC has been increased from 10 to 12 hours.
- Download notification in Microsoft Edge now includes file name, download status, site domain on separate lines.
- Issue of icons disappearing from tabs in Microsoft Edge after DPI change when using Remote Desktop is fixed.
- DNG file thumbnails not displaying in File Explorer is fixed.
- Appearance of Start is polished as whitespace on top of Start is reduced and logic added so that scrollbars will hide once mouse is not hovering over that area.
- Issue of Wi-Fi password not submitting after pressing the Enter key in the network flyout from the taskbar is fixed.
- Icons size in notifications reduced from 64×64 to 48×48 thus improving the use of space in Action Center.
- Reliability of Cortana’s listening after tapping the mic button improved.
- Windows Defender updated to not show recap notifications in normal mode.
- Issue where some apps like Photos not able to set desktop background is fixed.
- Task Manager settings will now be preserved across build updates.
- Issue of Sticky notes appearing behind Start and not being dismissed is fixed.
- Issue of not able to set account picture using the camera option in Settings is fixed.
- A keyboard shortcut WIN + Alt + D added to open taskbar’s clock and calendar flyout.
- Issue of Command Prompt not maximizing correctly in high DPI monitors is fixed.
- Issue of taskbar’s volume icon showing incorrect states for 0% and muted is fixed.
- Issue of losing pending save location when applying a new save location on the Storage Settings page for any one file type is fixed.
- Issue where NTFS could detect file corruption which Chkdsk was not able to is fixed.
Improvements and fixes for Mobile:
- Issue of phone freezing after touching the screen immediately after enabling Narrator is fixed
- Issue of strange grey bar seen on left side of Microsoft Edge window is fixed.
- Preferred DPI setting will be backed up and reapplied on restoring the phone.
- Issue of “Find on page” in Microsoft Edge wouldn’t always scroll the word into view is fixed.
- Issue of videos played on Facebook flickering if you started playing them after rotating the phone with video in full screen mode is fixed.
- Text getting truncated instead of wrapped in the Windows Insider Program page in the Settings app.
- Improved the notification dismissal model.
- “Issue of “Now Charging” sound frequently playing twice when the charging cable has been plugged in is fixed.
- “Everytime” setting for the how often to prompt for pin would be blank on sign-in Settings page after opening Settings from Lock screen is fixed.
- Issue of Lumia 535 and 540 not displaying a flash toggle in camera app is fixed.
- Text prediction engine updated.
- One hand keyboard usage now comes to more 5-inch devices as Lumia 640 and 830.
Known issues for PC:
- French Windows 10 Insider Preview build will not receive Build 14361 due to issue with French translation process in this build.
- Text prediction using the Japanese IME will freeze your PC.
- Navigating to the Privacy pages in Settings app will crash the Settings app and prevent you from adjusting your privacy settings.
- Clicking on file download link outside of Microsoft Edge will sometimes open a tab and close it without doing anything.
- For some languages like Chinese or Portuguese, one will not be able to launch Start while app is installing.
Known issues for mobile:
- Deploying an app via Visual Studio 2015 Update 2 to a phone running this build is not possible. The workaround is to use the Windows 10 Application Deployment command-line tool.
- Cross-device Cortana feature may not work in some cases.
- Quick Actions icons may not be in same order after installing this build.
- Data issues with some Dual-Sim devices where cellular data doesn’t work correctly with a second SIM.
- Options 3G only and Only 3G or 4G may not work correctly resulting in 2G networks selected.
Dona Sarkar, who now heads the Windows Insider Program also announced another Bug Bash coming this month. After April Bug bash, Windows 10 Anniversary Update June bug Bash will be extended to Windows Insiders.