Microsoft today released a new Build 10061 of Windows 10 Technical Preview for PCs to Windows Insiders Fast Ring.
How to get the Build 10061
As of now this will be made available on fast ring and delivered via Windows Update. You can wait for your PCs normal installation time for Windows update and it will be installed automatically. Or if you are too eager then can go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Updates and click the Check for updates button and you’ll be offered this update.
With the experience of bug which caused long upgrade times for fast ring while installing Build 10049, Microsoft has decided not to push 10049 to slow ring yet. It’ll watch and evaluate how the Build 10061 goes on fast ring then it’ll decide to push it to slow ring.
What’s new in Build 10061
- New Mail and Calendar apps
- Improvements in Start, Taskbar and Action Center
- Taskbar better optimized for tablets (Continuum)
- visual updates to Task View
- Virtual Desktop improvements
Issues fixed in this Build
- Fixed Indexing of new email in Outlook
- fixed the Hyper-V issue of preventing you from enabling it
- Fixed the issue of Visual Studio crashing when creating a new Universal app project
- Fixed issues related to Project Spartan, such as
- now one can double click on titlebar to maximize
- tweaks to the alignment of the Favorites Bar to align text and icons properly
Know issues in this Build
- Win32 (desktop) apps won’t launch from the Start menu: As a workaround, search to find these apps and pin them to taskbar to launch.
- Windows Store Beta (grey tile),Project Spartan get unpinned after upgrading: So one has to re-pin to Taskbar from All apps from Start menu
- Mail and Calendar apps issue : Mail and Calendar apps version 17.4008.42281.0 included in this Build have a funny issue of typed letter to appear twice. This has been fixed with updated versions of the apps (17.4016.42291.0) available in the Windows Store Beta (grey tile). So you can update it from the Grey tile Stores. Or if you don’t open these apps within the first 15 minutes after logging in to your device for the first time after upgrading and your device is connected to the Internet, the apps should update automatically.
- Some features of Cortana might not yet be implemented but still Cortana may highlight it. These will be implemented soon.
- Might see just a black screen with only your mouse cursor during login/logout. A fix is soon coming via WU.
- Downloading music in the Xbox Music and Music Preview apps is currently broken. Fix coming soon via WU.
- App playing the audio may stop playing if its minimized
- no selection highlight appears when selecting text in the address box in Project Spartan, though the right click option to cut/copy/pate works. Fix coming soon via WU.
- Magnifier does not work if put it in docked mode. Fix coming soon via WU.
For more details, please check the Windows team blog post.
- Tags: Windows 10 TP