It has been exactly one year since Windows 10 was launched. It is the first anniversary of Windows 10. And on Aug. 2nd, Microsoft will start rolling out the Windows 10 Anniversary Update.
Microsoft has shaped and grown the Windows Insider Program in this duration. Most of the feedback and suggestions from the Insiders have been regularly incorporated into Windows 10. The Windows Insider Team has sent a Thank You mail to all the Windows Insiders thanking for their efforts.
There are many interesting facts about the Windows Insider Program since its launch. Here are some of the mind-boggling fun facts:
- Over 70 million pieces of feedback have been submitted by Windows Insiders.
- Over 5000 improvements based on Insider’s feedback which includes bug fixes, UI changes, feature requests have been done.
- Windows Insiders have spent over 443 million hours on Windows 10
- Windows Insider Program is available in 30 languages.
The first major update to Windows 10 was released in November. After the November Update, the Microsoft team have responded to Insider feedback with more frequent build releases. A total of 28 PC builds and 20 Mobile builds have been released. The builds released to Windows Insiders for the Anniversary Update exceeded the builds released for the launch of Windows 10 and for the November Update.
Many of the new features and improvements in Anniversary Update are based directly on the feedback from Windows Insiders. Microsoft Edge extensions, Cortana setup for people in various language are some of the examples – along with improvements to Start, Action Center, Taskbar, etc.
Windows 10 first anniversary birthday gifts
The Windows Insider Team has provided some nice birthday gifts for Insiders and all Windows users.
- Windows 10 Anniversary update Ninjacat Wallpaper package.This includes background for Band, Phone, and PC. Download link
- Ninja cat Animated GIF
- Also, the Insider will see an exclusive Insider Program Badge if he has installed a version of Insider Preview build during this year. This can be seen in one’s Profile in Feedback Hub.
The Insider team also shared many of the articles by Insiders, their interesting interaction with insiders and various creative images by its fans to celebrate the program.