Microsoft has released Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14376 for PC and Mobile in the Fast ring. Apart from this, Build 14372 for PC and Mobile also released to Windows Insiders in the Slow ring.
Build 14376 has nearly 1800 fixes over the last build. Here are some of the improvements and fixes in Build 14376:
Improvements and fixes in Build 14376 for PC:
- Store updates to ver. 11606.1001.25 improving performance, reliability and fixes for accessibility.
- Clicking on networks or VPN connections in network flyout is working.
- Fixed the issue of enable Developer Mode.
- Narrator updated to support physical volume buttons to adjust volume while Narrator is in Scan mode.
- Windows Hello on Lock screen updated so that it doesn’t repeat the name of the person logging in when it is already displayed on the screen.
- Issue of not able to type in some UWP apps is fixed.
- Lock screen background not displaying correctly is fixed.
- Issue where password would revert being hidden if one tries to edit while holding the reveal button is fixed.
- Issue of Search dropdown in Settings app being displayed above the Search box instead of below is fixed.
- Issue of unable to Set time zone automatically is fixed.
- Issue where in some Start menu tiles where icons could appear zoomed in is fixed.
- Consistency in scrolling and zooming speeds improved between monitors in multi-monitor setup.
- Explorer.exe crashing after getting a notification from Microsoft Edge is fixed.
- Caret jumping to beginning of the line when using up and down arrow keys in textbox in Microsoft Edge is fixed.
- Launching mstsc.exe from elevated prompt causing authentication error is fixed.
Improvements and fixes in Build 14376 for Mobile:
- Store updates to ver. 11606.1001.25 improving performance, reliability and fixes for accessibility
- Gadgets app updated to fix issues when using with Microsoft Display Dock.
- Issue of Tiles pinned to Start from within app being blank after a restore is fixed.
- Many Live tiles not updating until the phone reboots issue is fixed.
- Issue of not able to download some offline maps via Settings > System > Offline maps is fixed.
- Camera app freezing for a second in some apps is fixed.
- Issue of links no longer working in Microsoft Edge after exiting one-handed mode while a webpage is loading is fixed.
- Reliability of going between camera roll and Camera app is improved
- Fixed an issue where estimated time remaining for battery life under Settings > System > Battery could be clipped. Also improved performance of enumerating the list of apps in under Settings > System > Storage.
- Issue of link in Cortana to download a speech language is fixed.
- Issue of checkmarks in checkboxes in high contrast mode not using the correct contrast ratio making them difficult to see is fixed.
Known issues in build 14376 for PC:
- At the moment there are no known issues to list for the PC. Microsoft will update if anything comes across.
Known issues in build 14376 for Mobile:
- Not able to interact with PDFs opened in Microsoft Edge.
- Issue of decrease in battery life on Lumia 830,930, and 1520 still being investiga5ted.
- Wi-Fi disconnect issue is also being investigated.
- Start Screen layout not restoring and previous backup also gets overwritten. This is happening as Microsoft has changed the backup format for Windows 10 Mobile devices to reduce size of the backup stored in OneDrive.
Messaging Everywhere feature will not be part of Anniversary Update:
Announcing the new build, Dona Sarkar also informed that “Messaging everywhere” feature will not be released with Anniversary update as Microsoft wants to better this feature through the Skype app. So starting with build 14376, Insiders will no longer be able to reply to text messages from their phone via the Messaging app on their PCs. The ability to reply to text messages on your PC using Cortana is unaffected. As seen above, this build has nearly 1800 fixes over the last build and as of now there are no known issues in this build for PC. So one can say Microsoft is almost nearing the build it wants to release for Windows 10 Anniversary update.