Are you trying to install Microsoft Flight Simulator? We have good news for you! In a big relief for those trying to install the game that takes up 150GB of space, Microsoft has released a new Flight Simulator patch version 18.104.22.168 that fixes several installation issues. In addition to installation issues, the company is also fixing stability issues and bringing significant improvements to the Content manager, Simconnect, and more.
Download Microsoft Flight Simulator patch
The latest Microsoft Flight Simulator patch version 22.214.171.124 us already available to download. Before you install the patch, make sure to close Microsoft Flight Simulator and relaunch. But in case you have encountered issues during the installation of Microsoft Flight Simulator, the company has recommended performing a clean install of the game.
Uninstalling Microsoft Flight Simulator is fairly easy. There are a couple of ways you can uninstall the game from your system. You can uninstall Microsoft Flight Simulator either on Steam or Microsoft Store/Game Pass. Meanwhile, let’s take a look at the updated patch notes:
- Microsoft Flight Simulator will no longer crash when different input devices/peripherals are disconnected.
- Microsoft Flight Simulator will no longer crash when the TBM 930 package is deleted. The install process will no longer be blocked after a partial decompression of a package.
- The install process will no longer be blocked when a local user account includes non-ASCII characters.
- The install process will no longer be blocked after a failed connection to servers.
- The install process will no longer display an empty onboarding screen under certain conditions.
- Microsoft Flight Simulator will download a critical missing package irrespective of the save data preferences.
Some of the other changes apply to the Content manager and simconnect. Microsoft Flight Simulator will no longer automatically download packages that have been deleted through the content manager. Microsoft has also fixed Stuck issues with the Content manager. The patch will also ensure that a drop in frame rate will not affect the gameplay experience.
You may also notice certain performance improvements when the Display nameplate option is set to active.