A study conducted by Mozaic Group suggests that iPad users prefer the performance of Internet Explorer 10 on Windows 8 Tablet as compared to that of Safari browser on an iPad.
Mozaic Group, an independent market research firm, conducted research among 40 iPad users to obtain their reaction to the web browsing experience with Internet Explorer 10 on a Windows 8 tablet vs. Safari on the iPad.
Here are their findings in brief:
- Internet Explorer 10 is perceived as faster, more fluid, and easier to use. Users also like the clean user interface, and feel it is more feature rich than Safari.
- When comparing Internet Explorer 10 to Safari on specific attributes, Internet Explorer 10 is viewed as providing a better experience.
- Users realize there is not an app for everything and that some apps are limited. A better tablet browser can improve the overall tablet experience.
- iPad users want the better browsing experience offered by a Windows 8 tablet. The experience offered by IE10 is compelling enough to prompt switching.
- Most definitely would consider trading their iPad for a Windows 8 tablet.
- Internet Explorer 10 improves the browsing AND tablet experience enough to drive interest in switching from iPad and Safari, assuming cost was not a factor and data would be transferred.
The sample set for the study were iPad users from Seattle, aged between 18 and 50. A total of 40 one-on-one interviews were conducted, during which participants were given a one hour demo of Internet Explorer 10 on Windows 8. Following the demo, participants had one hour to interact with the device on their own. During this time they completed a series of tasks highlighting the features of Internet Explorer 10, before completing the survey.
You can download the full report by clicking here.