Microsoft has recently launched the US mobile Microsoft Showcase site. The website has now gone mobile! If you’re in US, you can also text the keyword VIDEO to 47201. Standard texting rates may apply.
Over 16M visitors are accessing Microsoft.com through their mobile device each year, clearly indicating that more and more Microsoft.com users are looking beyond the desktop.
According to a recent report from Nielson, the overall industry mobile video audience grew 51.2% from the previous year, surpassing 20M users for the first time. With such a healthy increase in videos viewed through mobile devices, this new entry point for Showcase allows users the ability to consume video content from Microsoft on their mobile device, and provides an easy-to-use, high-quality mobile video experience, extending our rich video offering to a broader audience.
- Search, discover and play 5000+ videos on a variety of mobile devices such as Windows Phone, Android and Blackberry
- Search and engage with custom video channels
- View video through Low/High streaming and/or Download
- Share video content with others via social bookmarking (Email, Facebook, Twitter) as well as SMS
- Find other Microsoft mobile-optimized sites in one click…and much more!
All new videos submitted to the (US) Showcase catalog are encoded for mobile streaming, simultaneously making each video discoverable on the mobile site, as well as the existing PC-optimized site. In addition to video streaming, Microsoft Showcase is also running a pilot for mobile display advertising.
Microsoft Showcase – Mobile site