Microsoft Messenger for Mac 8 Beta has been released and is now available for download from Microsoft. Microsoft Messenger for Mac 8 Beta provides real-time collaboration between people in different locations. You can use instant messaging and audio and video calls to communicate with your contacts.
You can sign in to Messenger for Mac 8 Beta by using a Windows Live ID. Windows Live IDs include all e-mail accounts ending in “@live.com”, “@hotmail.com”, “@msn.com” and other accounts registered with Windows Live.
* Supported Operating Systems: Apple Mac OS X
* Operating System Versions: Mac OS X v10.5 (Leopard) or a later version of Mac OS
* Processor: Intel only
* Display resolution: Super VGA 1024 X 768 or larger
* Memory: 2 GB RAM
* Video memory: Video card with 128 MB RAM
* Voice: Compatible microphone and speakers, headset with microphone, or equivalent device. Sample devices include: A built-in Apple iSight webcam; An external Apple iSight webcam
* Video: Compatible Webcams. Sample devices include: A built-in Apple iSight webcam; An external Apple iSight webcam
For the download link, a list of known issues, the latest product help please visit Microsoft.