Microsoft has posted a ‘Thank You’ blog post thanking SkyDrive users. The reason? Over 250 million people are now using SkyDrive!! That’s a great achievement – and its users are still growing rapidly. It further goes on thanking all the SkyDrive users for providing feedback, tweets, Facebook posts, comments helping to improve the service. Since the launch of Windows 8 in October 2012, 50 million more people have started using SkyDrive.
Microsoft has also put together an Infographic highlighting the milestone –
Thank you to the first 250 million, and onwards to a billion! We look forward to bringing you even more awesome features in the future.
Microsoft mentions the improvements it has made in the past few months. Let us see what these are –
- SkyDrive made the default save location for the new Office
- SkyDrive app for iOS updated
- Performance improvements in SkyDrive uploading
- Improvements in the Microsoft Account security service by providing two-step verification
- Microsoft Accounts grown to 700 million
- Extended Validation Certificates integrated on SkyDrive.com
- Deeper SkyDrive integration in Outlook.com thus making it easier to insert files and pictures directly from SkyDrive
Microsoft is looking forward to seeing a time when everything will be on SkyDrive, making all our documents, photos, etc are available wherever we go.